The streets are full of magic, the people are beautiful, you can sit and listen to them talk all day long. We stayed in the Shoreditch/London Fields area (the Portland of London?) but honestly you could stay anywhere near a bus stop and be good. The public transport is so quick and so easy to navigate.
- Buy a pay-as-you-go Oyster card (we did a 7 day one and it was $100 for the two of us. Later I found out you can do a pay-as-you-go card and you can save some money)
- If you have T-Mobile you get free data and texting on your phone here just at really slow speeds but enough to get you around. If not, you can buy a cheap data plan to use while you're here to use.
- You'll need your phone unlocked to use these other companies, either buy a phone from amazon, craigslist that's already unlocked would be the easiest method.
- You don’t tip in restaurants, it’s worked into the bill.
- Don’t book a 6am flight out of London. The tube/busses will not start early enough to get you there so you’ll need to get a separate shuttle.